We're so thrilled to get to talk to Keiko Agena, artist, actress, and author of No Mistakes: A Perfect Workbook for Imperfect Artists. Keiko is best known for her role as Lane Kim on the TV show Gilmore Girls, which just so happens to be a favorite show of ours!
We loved diving into what makes this workbook/creative journal so special, and how Keiko Agena encourages people to put aside pressures of perfection to embrace beautifully flawed art!
We talked about finding your "artist" voice when you don't feel creative, pushing creative boundaries, loving your process, and how learning to tap into your creativity without fear can bring a little more kindness into this world.
Follow Keiko Agena on...
Buy Keiko's book here:
Other books mentioned:
- The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
- The Little Book of Life Hacks: How to Make Your Life Happier, Healthier, and More Beautiful by Yumi Sakugawa
- Fool's Errand by Robin Hobb
- Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- The Ensemble by Aja Gabel
Follow us all over the internet: